- Ensure that, the end of the tube is cut square and free from burrs without causing undue chamfering of the tube end.
- Loosen the fitting Nut.
- Insert the tubing into the fitting assembly resting it firmly on the internal shoulder of the fittings.
- Finger tighten the nut.
- (A) Tighten the nut with a wrench 1-1/4 turns from the finger tight position. For the tube fittings size 6mm / 1/4" and above (see fig 1)
- (B) Tighten the nut with a wrench 3/4" turn from the finger tight position for the tube fittings size 4mm / 3/16" and below. (see fig 2)
For high pressure application
Due to variation in the tubing diameter SEALEXCEL recommends the following instructions for safety and excellent performance of high pressure applications.
- After insertion of tubing to the fittings assembly, tighten the nut approximately 1/8 turn with a wrench from finger type position or until the tubing does not rotate freely by hand.
- Further tighten the nut with a wrench 1 ¼ turns to have a firm and safe grip.
SEALEXCEL Tube fittings may be assembled and disassembled repeatedly. The following instructions should be carried out to reassemble the fittings.
- Firmly insert the tubing end with the previously set ferrules into the fitting body and tighten the nut to a hand-tight condition.
- With a wrench, tighten the nut until a sharp condition rise in torque is felt, then simply snug with wrench.
SAE / MS STRAIGHT THREAD AND ISO PARALLEL THREAD POSITIONABLE
Elbows and Tees Installation procedure
- Lubricate the ‘O’ -ring with lubricant compatible with the system fluid and ‘O”-ring material.
- Turn the fittings into the straight thread port until the metal back-up washer contacts the face of the port.
- Position the fittings by backing it out, (not more than one turn).
- Hold the fittings in position and tighten the lock nut until the washer contacts the face of the port.
- SAE/MS positionable elbows and tees are compatible with SAE J1926 ports.
- ISO parallel thread positionable elbows and tees are compatible with female ports having BS 2779 threads.
Face Seal 'O' Ring Fittings :Installation Procedure
The ‘O’- ring requires a smooth, flat seating surface, this surface must be perpendicular to the axis of the threads.
- Turn the ‘O’- ring seal fitting in the port until finger tight.
- The squeezing effect on the ‘O’- ring can be felt during the last 1/4 turn.
SAE SPECIFICATIONInstallation Procedure
SEALEXCEL® SAE Straight thread ‘O’-ring fittings are designed and manufactured to meet SAE standard as follows
- Male or External fittings End (Dimension: SAE J514)
- Straight thread SAE J475 (Equivalent to ANSI B1.1 or ISO R725)
- Female or Internal Straight thread (Port : SAE J1926)
FITTINGS AVAILABLE INCLUDESConnectors, Positionable SAE Elbows and Tees and SAE reducers.
Thread and 'O'ring Sizes
|Nominal Tube OD||Port Size||Thread Size||‘O’ Ring Size No.|
PORT CONNECTOR INSTALLATION PROCEDURE
- Remove nut and ferrules from the first of two Fine-LokTM / Well-LokTM ports to be connected.
- Slip nut only on port connector over machined ferrule.
- Insert connector into first port and snug up nut by hand. Tighten the nut with wrench 1/4 turn only. For 1/8, 3/16, 3mm and 4mm tube fittings, tighten the nut 1/8 turn from finger tight position, subsequently connec- tions are made snugging the nut by hand.
- Insert other end of port connector into Fine-LokTM/Well-LokTM port 2, and tighten the nut 1¼. For 1/8, 3/16, 3mm and 4mm tube fittings tighten the nut 3/4 turn from finger tight position.
PLUG INSTALLATION PROCEDUREFor 6mm, 1/4 and above size Tube Fittings, tighten the plug with wrench 1/4 turn from finger tight position.
For 1/8, 3/16, 3mm and 4mm tube fittings, tighten the plug with wrench 1/8 turn only.
Make subsequent connection by tightening slightly with wrench after snugging the nut by hand.